Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Books I'm Loving- June

I thought that I would start a new monthly series about the books that I'm loving. Since having the baby I haven't read anything other than baby books and this post will be pretty short but I'm hoping that as the months go on it will get better.

The first book is The Wonder Weeks by Hetty van de Rijt, Ph.D and Frans Plooij, Ph.D.

Why I'm loving this book:
It talks about the developmental weeks in baby's first 20 months so you can understand what's going on with your baby and why they may be acting the way they are. It's interesting to see how much they are learning and how they cope with it. It gives the parents a look into what going on so they can help their babies cope with what is going on. I'm trying to only read based on where Baby K is so I haven't read the whole book but I'm loving it so far.

The second book is Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child by Marc Weissbluth, M.D..

Why I'm loving this book:
This book discusses the sleep habits that babies and children should have so they are more rested when they wake up and are generally more happier. I talks about their naps, both morning and afternoon, and their nighttime sleep, how they are different and what you as parents should be doing. It also discusses how getting them to bed earlier will promote longer sleeping through the night. I haven't finished this book either, I'm about halfway done, but I am loving it. Baby K is not a colicky baby but the book also talks about babies who are and what the parents need to do differently for their babies who are.
Once I finish this book I would love to write a post about how we are implementing the sleep habits and how it's working.

That's all I have for June but check back next month to see what else I'm reading and loving!

What are some books you've read lately that you've loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment