Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Let's Do This

So it's official, I am running the Princess Half Marathon in February! I registered yesterday during early registration. I am so nervous but very excited. I have been wanting to run the Princess Half since I found out about it. I can't wait to run it and hopefully make some new running friends. I know I have a long way to go with my training but here's what I'm working on.

I'm following a running program for a 5k right now and once that's done I'll move onto a 10k program so I will be good to go when the training program for the half marathon starts in October. My running days are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. This will help me out during the half training because those days are also the running days for that training program.

I am doing so weight lifting on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I will be focussing on specific body groups each day. Arms one day, legs another and back and core on the last day. This will also help me out during my running, plus it's also good for losing the baby weight and really getting into shape! This was something that I didn't keep up with very well last time. I will definitely try to keep it up so I can have a better race.

I am also trying to eat better. I'm just trying to keep everything in moderation. I've been looking on Pinterest to find new recipes to try too. Maybe once I try a few I will write a post about that.

What are you training for? Any good recipes you want to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment