Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Life After Baby

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I would do an update post and then get back on the blogging horse.

So, Baby K was born on May 6th and totally changed our lives and we are so in love with her. The labor and delivery were relatively easy, can I say that without sounding like someone you want to punch? LOL After two days in the hospital we were home and trying to figure out life with one more person in the mix. I have to say, we have been doing pretty well.

I had my postpartum appointment today and I can start running and going to the gym again! I am so happy that I decided to go for a run this afternoon in 90 degree weather. That's not something that I normally would do but I couldn't hold back my excitement.

Here's what I learned on my run today:
1. I missed it so much
2. I'm much slower, but I have confidence that I will get my speed back
3. I am definitely signing up for the Princess Half Marathon in Disney World.

Since we are DVC members I will hopefully be able to sign up during early registration next week, but if not I will try during the regular registration in a few weeks. I honestly can't wait to really start training for another race. I know that I am really crazy by deciding to run a half marathon 9 months after having a baby, but I know it will help keep me sane because I'll have me time to think and get all the stress out.

I am also really excited to be going back to Disney World, as log as I register for the race successfully. We went last May and haven't been back since and we had been going twice a year so to only go once last year and no trips this year is tough.

On another note, I have discussed on here before that we were thinking about relocating to Florida and it looks like we might actually be doing it. We don't have all the details firmed up yet but we are getting closer to deciding. This would be such a big change for us so we are really taking this seriously and weighing all our options.

So that's all I have for today, but since I am going to be home for another 5 weeks I hope to start posting more and to get on a regular schedule. See you soon!

What were you excited to start doing again after you had your baby? Any good training programs or apps you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment