Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hazy, Hot and Humid

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only active person that hates the phrase "Hazy, Hot and Humid".  For me, when I hear that I just want to lock myself in the air conditioned house and not come out until fall.
But when you're training for a race you have to brave the elements and get outside.  I woke up a little earlier than I normally would have just so I could run before going to work and before it got crazy hot today.
I must say, it still was hot but I pushed through.  My workout today was 52 minutes long and I ending up going 4.33 miles.  Not bad if I do say so myself!
My next running workout will be 54 minutes long and will have a lot more running.
I use a run training app on my phone that tells me when to run and when to walk so I can build my running base up.  It's working really good because I've never gotten this far into the program before.  I usually give up and start running on my own, but I figured that I needed to be prepared a little better this time around.

Happy Running!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment